This policy must be read in conjunction with the Religious Policy.
- All education to be involved in conducting an Assembly.
- Ministers of Religion are also invited to conduct an Assembly.
- Educators performing an Assembly must wait for all pupils and staff to be in the quart before commencing with procedures.
- Assembly commences at 07:55 on Day 1 and Day 6.
- The following format must be followed:
If educators deviate from this it must be discussed with management.
- Singing before starting.
- Opening address and welcome.
- Talk – to not exceed 15 minutes and must not be less than 10 minutes. Educators must be sensitive and aware of the diverse cultures and religions.
- A prayer.
- At this point you may hand over to the Principal / Deputy / HOD
- Singing of National Anthem / School song.
- The ambience must be formal and respectful.
- Facilitators are encouraged to involve pupils in Assembly as part of leadership development from Grade 0 -7. For example: Reading, drama, announcements.
- All educators must act professionally in the quart.
- Attire should be neat and appropriate when conducting an Assembly.
- Educators and prefects must assist with discipline – stand by register class. Ensure that pupils stand in straight lines and wait their turn.
- Staff must refrain from talking on the quart while a colleague is addressing the pupils or while pupils are leading in.
- Pupils of other religions are to attend the Assembly unless other arrangements have made. They do not have to participate.